Saturday, April 05, 2008

Boring, the Kid and blood

I really don't have much to say this week. It has been one that is just there. Nothing exciting happened. There was one unusual thing that did take place on Thursday I came home and slept for 12 hours if not more. I was not the only one who was exhausted that night. Honey went to bed early and she never does that. Our friend NJ was exhausted as well. For that to all occur on the same day is strange but I think we all needed the sleep.

Next weeks planes to be a bit more exciting. I am going out to a bar, and it is spring break that week so I get to listen to the boy start whining about being bored on Monday. He is old enough to get a job but I would like him to wait until the summer as all working adults know once you start it is work, work and more work.

He is looking at what he wants to do in the future and I am proud of him for that. I know that he wants an office job and I understand that. I also know that he understands that I am not financially able to send him to a college. So he is looking into apprenticeships in the construction industry so he can earn a descent wage and still attend a college. Go Kid.

I do have one exciting thing to talk about. I did not see it I heard about it. At work yesterday I was in the bowels of hell, I also picked the wrong time to go to lunch. Someone was dropped off at our door. With the jugular artery slit. There was much running about and blood. Why do I miss all the excitement? I do feel bad of the person that this happened to, and I know that they are ok for now. It is not the blood that is exciting it is the learning of how to care for an injury like that. That I missed out on.

No comments: