Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa


My son hates Santa, I mean hates him. I do think that we his family are to blame in this manner. It started just after he was born at the end of November, someone bought him a Santa outfit. If I had a scanner I would post a pic that we have of him in the outfit, the dog (Boo) is looking at him with a "I'm so happy that is not me in that outfit" look.
After that it went down hill. The stuffed Santa with a motion detector in it that would yell "HOHOHO" the play a very bad tinny rendition of Jingle Bells. K, so hated that thing that I did not need a baby gate, just put Santa at the bottom of the stairs and the kid avoided them like the plague.
Then someone bought a Santa hat. The hat was left about the house to show him that yes, he was watching. Not only that but my mother, this kids grandmother had someone the uncles types wear it outside and run buy a high window. Yes, she had that much control over our lives.
God, this is sick stuff. Anyway why am I putting all of this here. Well, this is background to explain what I call the Santa wars. The Santa wars are still being worked on and as I get them done I will post them.

No comments: