Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Limit of Things to Come



Gas, gas, gas. Gas here is $4 a gallon. That means planing each trip to the store, each trip shopping. This might not be a bad thing it would mean planing ALL my meals and all other shopping. It means making sure that I have all the ingreadients for each thing that I want to make. If I am just going to go to the library or out for a cup of coffee, I can get walk or ride my bike. Good for me, my wallet, and the envoroment.

I had in my wild dreams planed on writing about my favorite places here in Washington. Not only places that I go on a weekly basis like the library, and my favorite coffee shop, but places like the hidden waterfalls in the mountain's. Go to Mima Mounds and hunt for the Great Blue Gopher. The beach to watch the kite flyer's, dogs run free, and kids play in the mud.

With the price of gas it is not going to be something I can do on a weekend basis. It might only be once every few months. For me this is a great disappointment, I was looking forward to getting out of the house and enjoying the sunshine. I know I could go with other people car pool as it will however, while I enjoy being with people I also enjoy the silence of nature without chatter. I do not know if this is just because of my age, or because I enjoy my own company.

It is not as if I want to do everything alone, or even be alone. I would love to take Honey to all the places that I want to go to. We talk, we are OK in the silence of being together. I know people who for whatever reason cannot stand silence, or the thought of being alone.

So until gas prices are a bit more reasonable, I will not be making all the trips that I had planed.

Oh, and Ugli Fruit is in the stores now. I love Ugli fruit.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I doubt if gasoline prices will ever fall again.

MakingSpace said...

Holy smokes I would love it if gas came down to four bucks a gallon here.

That said, I understand your reluctance to pile into the ole' vehicle and drive off for a coffee. Staying home with the dog seems very much the way to go.

Nulaanne said...

Debra, I agree. I think the prices are here to stay.

Making, Honey lives in CA and she keeps telling me how high it is getting there.

PS I would love a dog, but I think my cats would hide for forever.