Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not Wordless Wednesday



close up

full view

close up

There is an amazing artest out there by the name of Sheila Wolk. Ms Wolk created a painting titled "Day Surrendering to Night." I love the painting how it looks and feels. When Honey saw the picture she just fell in love with it. I don't blame her one little bit. So, I called up Ana-Cross Stitch and orderd the pattern, and the fabric. They then shipped it all to me. I could have gone up there to get the items, however it was cheaper to have them shipped to me.

Once the package got here I got started. Matching the colors, enlarging the patten, and then starting the thing. It took two years. Two long years of stitching. If I had just worked on this project alone, it might have taken a few months. That is without sleeping, working, eating, or going to take a shower. I also did some minor projects, a birthday present, worked on some crocheting when I did not want to stitch. In the end it took two years and now I am done. I am happy that it is done, and gone onto Honey. She is going to get it matted and framed. I cannot wait to see it all done.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

Barb said...

That is absolutely amazing!! No wonder it took two years.

Honey said...

It is beautiful!! When I get it matted and framed, I'll take pictures so they can be posted on the blog.