Friday, September 30, 2011

OMG, day 1


What a week it has been. I was amazed that I was able to post about reading The Secret of Crickly Hall. It was not a bad week at all. It was a wonderful week. I am now just getting the time to relax and write about it. The week passed in a whirlwind.

I left home on a Tuesday and flew to northern CA. I do not like to fly and so I worked the night before so that when I got on the plane I would get some sleep. I did manage to sleep a bit on the flight, but it was not comfortable but then flying never is.

When I got into Oakland, I was tired and a bit queasy. So Honey and I split a sandwich that was very good, ham and turkey on flat bread. We decided that going to her house was not the best idea. So she drove through San Francisco, and I saw some wonderful old buildings. That on another visit, I would like to do a walking tour and get some photos. We stopped off at Golden Gate Park, and when to the Japanese Gardens.

I had not been there before, and it was a beautiful place. I would love to go back there in the spring when every thing is in bloom. I got some pictures of a giant Buddha that I thought was beautiful. There was also a very cheeky squirrel, that was just having a ball running up and down trees. Looking a people like they were the exhibit.

At the end of the day I was so tired, that my eyes felt scratchy, and my skin jumpy. It was a great day.

No comments: