Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hobbies




There are a lot of hobbies out there to choose from. Some of the hobbies that are chosen are picked for us, I have a doll collection that my mom start for me when I was born. My sister it was music boxes, my brother baseball cards. My Honey has a glass collection.

Then there are the hobbies that we inflict upon ourselves some are costly and others are not. Many are time consuming. From woodworking to music to oh I don't know. I happen to do counted cross stitching, it is time consuming, can be very costly, frustrating and many many people think that is it just boring. One of the things I hear about my hobby is that "I don't have enough patience." I think that is a cop out patience can be learned. But that is a rabbit trail for another time.
That first picture is of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vivci. The ruler is there to show the size of the project. When it is done I don't know what I am going to do with that one. I started it because someone I had heard did one and that it was huge took up most of a wall. I think that she did it in actual size. I am doing it as small as I can without working on a cloth called evenweave, I could have done it on linen as well but I don't like working on that either.
The other picture is one third done and it is called Day Surrendering Unto Night by Sheila Wolk. This one Honey loves and so I am doing it for her. She said when I am done with and we can be together she wants to hang it over our bed. There are some cross stitching that can be done in under 40 hours but not these. Day is taking me 6 hours to do 600 stitches.
When I am done with Day I am going to do some smaller faster ones before going on to something harder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! Both are looking awesome, girl! I just love "The Last Supper"!!
Love Ya! Later!
B