Sunday, April 27, 2008

2 Days

In two days now I am going to see my love again. I don't know why we can't seem to get our timing right but we are both having 'Aunt Flo', visit. I love that antiquated term, it always makes me laugh when I hear it. Aunt Flo, is just one of the many slang terms used for that "time of the month". I am so thankful that when I missed out on the usage of the term "on the Rag." Period is ok, but it reminds me of the end of a sentence. "The curse" sounds like a bad B horror movie. Then there is the "monthly visitor" who stays on for days.

Why is it that something for women that use to be revered and celebrated showing her as a part of the Goddess is now derogatory. It use to not be that way. This was a sign of fertility and from her point of view we should be celebrating this monthly cycle. However, in the male dominated society this is an evil shameful thing. But this is not what I was going to write about.

My lover and I are meeting again in 2 days. I started my visit with Aunt Flo on Saturday, and her Aunt Flo showed up today. How is it that we can live about a thousand miles apart and be on the same cycle? Can you all hear us screaming in frustration, but at least we have other options.

No comments: