Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jesus the End or Parts 3 and 4

Then Jesus said take care of those with less then what you have. OK I know the term used in most bibles is poor. But Poor does not cover all that he ever talked about in that regard, I think in terms of less fortunate he meant. The sick, kids with out people who love them, homeless, hungry, thirsty, with out finances, and the list goes on and on. For me I think that working in the hospital covers this one. There is defiantly the sick, the homeless, the addicts, the hungry/ thirsty.

Then there is the last thing. Do Not Judge... Oh crap this one is so hard. We judge on first impressions (the up all night mom at the grocery store in sweats), lifestyle (redneck, gay, world hopper, rich) money, class, education, language skills, the list goes on and on and on and on. So how not to judge, how not to think of others in terms of ewww or wow or fear (look over there it is group of teens)? Personally, I don't want the job of judging others, I have been the one in sweats at the store after being up all night with the sick kid, I am the one with the gay lifestyle (whatever the hell that means). I am the one who because of my job that I choose to do people assume that I have no education. I have packs of teens at my house.

No comments: