Sunday, March 27, 2011

Movie Night

So Friday night was movie night. We had Asian food the chicken in the peanut sauce was good. Loved the cabbage veggie mix but that is not what I am here to write about.


1932 /33 the movie that won Best Picture was Cavalcade, however that movie is not out on DVD or on the inst que for Netflix. So we ended up watching She Done Him Wrong with the wonderful Mae West. Now I have seen some of her movies before but none of the other girls that come to movie night have. I have converted them. Not only was Mae hot, she was snarkey, sarcastic, flirty all around Mae West. West plays Lady Lou a woman with more men friends than she knows what to do with. Cary Grant plays a young man from the Salvation Army trying to save all of the lost soul at the bar/club that Lady Lou works at. This is a short movie only 66 min long. If it is a good sexy laugh ( and with Mae West it is sexy) this is a wonderful movie to see.

 It Happened One Night won for 1934. This movie also is a romantic comedy, staring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert.  I honestly cannot talk about this movie, it is not that the  movie was bad and I love the acting skills of Claudette Colbert, I just cannot stand Clark Gable. There is something about that man that makes me want to slap him in the face. I think that my not liking Clark Gable is because one of the first movies that I watched was Gone With the Wind and I hate that movie.

Next month we will watch 1935 Mutiny on the Bounty, and 1936 The Great Ziegfeld.

No comments: