Monday, August 25, 2008

Sand in the City


This weekend was Sand in the City. It is a benefit for the Children's Museum, every year they have a theme, and this year it was movies. When I went there yesterday it was between down pours so I am sure that on Saturday the sand sculptures were a bit more defined. It was still incredible to walk thought and see what each person or team had come up with. I love the look on the dogs face that is getting the shot.

Sir Hissss from Robin Hood




King Kong, Evolution in Engineering




Not sure but I think it is Cats and Dogs


Verne from Over the Hedge




Hammy from Over the Hedge



R.J. from Over the Hedge




2 comments:

dykewife said...

that's amazing. it always astounds me how people can create such neat things with sand when i can barely make a dumped over pail remain intact.

when i saw the snake i immediately thought of kah from the jungle book. sir his always wore a puffy little blue hat and a capy-collar kind of thing. though i've always wondered, how that stays up since he has no shoulders.

Nulaanne said...

Your right the snake is Kah. I love Robin Hood and I forgot that the others around the snake were King Louie, and the bear.