Friday, December 19, 2008

Insomnia

I have not been sleeping and when I do it is for no more than four hours at a time. At first I thought that it had to do with the stress that December brings. This year there are a lot of stresses, first there is the lack of work 24 hours in 2 weeks. Then there is weather, snow and ice and the coldest it has been in over 20 years. Adding on to that I do not like to fly and my son is flying out here on Sunday, the day when the storm is to be the worst. He is a minor and flying by himself I know that he will be OK but I still worry.

Then for me it is that time of the month. The first time I called it Aunt Flo around Honey I thought she was going to hurt herself she was giggling so hard.

Then I realized that part of what is keeping me up are the worries, the fears, and Aunt Flo does not help. However, that is not the largest contributor. Plain and simple I miss Honey. Every night when I go to bed I dream about holding her, listening to her sleep. I miss her and that is why I am not sleeping. I want to hold her, to feel her next to me.

2 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

So, when will you be together again?

Nulaanne said...

Sometime in the spring.