Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I think I need a boat

My son txted me today with a message that made my heart sing and I have told almost everyone that I know. He got his report card and has made the honor roll. Two B's and all the rest A's. For those who have to know he got the B's in English and History. I am so happy for him I just want to yell YAHOOOOO!!!!

Last night when I went to bed it was raining. When I got up it was raining, when I did laundry it was raining, when I went to work it was raining. It has now almost been 24 hours of rain. I don't know how much rain we have gotten I don't want to know. What I do know is that I need a boat to get any where south and passably north.

When I was at work the news was on and there was a possibility of closing I-5 at exit 88, that was the plan at 4:30 to close the freeway at midnight. They actually shut it down much earlier than that, around 5:30 or 6pm. When the hospital sent me home early I was so happy, I got in the car and was listening to the radio and they were talking about closing the freeway at Fife, then passably in Tacoma because of the Puyallup river.

My brother and I had a lot of fun making fun of the weather. Quoting movie lines and joking about the only thing we have not have happen this winter.

So as things now stand I am stuck here. The passes ALL that passes are closed avalanche risks. I-5 south is closed flooding, north might or might not be open. The only way out of here now is to fly or take a boat.

No comments: