Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Are the Little Things...

What are the little things that get you excited? Get your mind out of the gutter. For some people it is shoes, and I don't get that one but whatever. 

For me it is the first of the new month. It is not that the past month is gone, it is not the changing of time, seasons. It is the library. Each  month on the first or soon after the library gets a paper called the Book Page. I love the Book Page. Each month, it reviews new books, adds for books, and questions from readers/writers.

Each month I pick up my copy of the Book Page and I read every page. There are times that I am not interested in anything that they talk about. More often than not there are at least one or two items that I want to read or look into. Sometime there is a book on every page. There are books listed for everyone, audio books, fiction, non-fiction, kids, and young adult.

If your library offers the Book Page check it out.

3 comments:

MakingSpace said...

A day to myself - and if it's followed by a night to myself, WOW!!!

Nulaanne said...

With little kids that is what I wanted to. Then after a few hours I got bored. My son is in college now and states away. Lots of nights and days to myself.

MakingSpace said...

Yep, with 8 year old twins, time to myself is highly prized. I do understand (cognitively, even if I don't feel it) that these years fly by and I'll have plenty of days and nights to myself...