Sunday, October 19, 2008

I miss you

*** Honey wrote and sent this too me. I did ask and she did say I could put it up here. This is one of the many many many reasons that I love her.****

I love you and I miss you so very much.

I miss that look of incredulity that precedes you shaking your head and rolling your eyes or laughing your ass off when I come up with something totally off the wall.

I miss having my friend with me when I go shopping - for food, clothes, whatever - to say Look at this! Did you see that? Have you ever!?!? over whatever catches my eye...

I miss sitting on the beach with you, watching the endless waves break on the sand...

I miss coming home to you at the end of a long, hard day to relax in your arms. Or to have you come home after a trying shift and watching you as you sit with me to unwind. (OK - I know we haven't actually done that yet, but in my mind's eye it's happened so many times already...)

I miss cooking with you; "Do you think I should add this, Why don't you try some of that, Let me have a taste, What do you think of this recipe, You'd better turn the fire off under that pan or by the time I let you out of bed it will have burned" as I drag you toward the bedroom...

I miss the softness of your skin, the strength of your arms around me, the so-right feeling of my arms around you, my lips on yours. The subtle sweetness of the taste of you. The dreamy look in your eyes when I touch you here... and here...

I miss the look in your eyes - love, desire, lust - when you look at me as I relax and completely surrender to you.

I miss falling asleep in your arms after we've made love. Being tucked back against you, feeling your warmth surround me, your arm around me, keeping me close to you and safe.

I miss waking up in the middle of the night to feel you reaching out to touch my back ever so lightly, as though you're afraid to wake me yet still need to reassure yourself that I really am there, that I didn't disappear in the night like some figment from a dream.

I love you and I miss you so very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know your love is in California, so I thought I should pass this on. 8 bloggers have 8 days to help stop Proposition 8.

http://softlydreaming.com/blog/2008/10/20/8-against-8/

Maybe you can pass it on too?