Tuesday, November 01, 2011

R.I.P Closes for Another Year

Tonight, is a perfect or almost perfect night for the R.I.P reading challenge to end. (R.I.P is hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings) There is a crispness in the air, the cats are curled up on the couch helping me to stay warm. The wheel of the year is turning I have two candles lit for the night one a white pillar for remembrance that the sun will again return. The other a black votive for protection. Apples, pomegranates, pears await in the kitchen a taste of summer, left for the winter. The only thing that would make tonight an even better night for the closing of R.I.P is rain.

The kind of rain that bounces off the roof and it is heard twice. The kind of rain that starts off gradually, slowly building in intensity until the sound of if can no longer be ignored. That is all that is missing for the end of R.I.P.

I did Peril the First... read four books. My list was longer than four, I read seven books. That was just about half of what I wanted to read. The books I read are: (Please note that all of these links are to my reviews)
Footsteps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer
The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle by Pat Rothfuss
Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert
Graveminder by Melissa Marr
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson

I also watched three movies for the R.I.P On the Screen those were:
The Haunting (1963 and 1999). Both reviews for this movie tie into the review for the book that it was based upon.
The Watcher in the Woods

I am sorry to see R.I.P leave. I am looking forward to next years R.I.P with all my geeky little heart. Thanks Carl.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I was lucky enough to have a little bit of rain as I type up my wrap-up post this morning. Unfortunately, it seem to have already passed just a few hours late. There's never enough!
It look like you had a great selection for the challenge--a few that I hope to get to myself someday!

Nulaanne said...

We will get lots of rain soon. So I will have my cold rainy nights to read in. I do love the rain.