Sunday, May 25, 2008

Long Distance

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I did not work and so I did a bunch of errands went to the library, farmers market, the mall, and a few other stores. Days like that are when I miss Honey the most. She told me that it had been raining where she lives and that all she wanted to do was light a fire, unfold the hid-a-bed, and lay there with me and watch it rain. I on the other hand wanted her here, to wander about the market with, to shop with and to just spend the day with her.

I knew that when we agreed that we are a couple that having a long distance relationship would be hard. I just did not know how hard. Having said that I would not end this relationship for anything. I love her more than I have ever loved anyone. (Well, that is a bit of an awkward statement, the Boy I love more than I have ever loved anyone, but any parent will know that it is not the same kind of love.)

It is to early for me to start counting the days but having said how hard it is to be in a long distance relationship, we are going to meet up again. This time in Idaho for five days. I get five days with her. To talk to and hold and be with her. I know why Idaho, lets just say that were we are going has special meaning for us. We are also not going alone. Our friend from NJ is going to be there too, and as we have not seen each other in a year this will be a wonderful trip.

Today is the second time that I have been woken up by my upstairs neighbors. I know that they are having sex, it does not sound like making love. Their bed is so loud that it sounds like a washer out of balance. Today and yesterday at 3am. Thud thud thud with an occasional squeak tossed in for variety. So I am going to go back to bed.

No comments: