Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yesterday


Yesterday was Memorial Day. I know that I should have posted something about it when I got up in the morning, but I could not. I live in a base community and we have flags out in honor of all the people who have lost their lives in this and in past wars. My family on both sides has had someone in every war this country has been in, and even before then. Both sides came over here before the Revolutionary war. I have lost great uncles, cousins, people who I have only heard stories about. My grandfather was in WWII, he lost brothers there. My dad served in peace time. I have cousins serving now.


Today I can think about them. Yesterday it would have been to much to think about. All the activities, sales, camping, and parties for the three day weekend. I want to say thank you all who have served and who still do.

No comments: