Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Wednesday was About

Yesterday was my first day of orientation at the hospital. It was a 12 hour day and I was so glad that I worked there thought the agency for 2 years. It was so busy up on the med/surg unit that at the end of the day the floor had 30 patients. Not only were there all of the admits, no discharges, but we had students with us as well. CNA students who were still in High School. Most of the time they stood around and looked shocked at what they saw. T here was just not time to coddle them along.

Not only that but I feel like I have run a marathon. It has been a long time sense I've had more than one patent and so all the room hopping wore me out. Thank the Goddess that on Friday I start my 12 hour noc's. I could not do 12 hour days I think it would kill me.

The laptop is back. It has more memory and it has had some programs deleted. It is still crashing so I think my hard drive is going and I am going to have to look into getting a new one soon. I don't want to spend the money on a new laptop but I do need a computer for blogging, emails and checking the news.

Time to get going. Today I have to have my TB test read, then head on over to the capital building. It is equality day today and I signed up months ago to talk to the senator of my district. I hope that I am not the only one who is going to talk to her. The good news it that the Domestic Partner Expansion has passed the House. Now it just has to get through the Senate and then be signed by the Governor. If that happens then DPs will have all the rights as marriage.

2 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Sounds like an invigorating day. Let me know what happens with the guv, huh?

Nulaanne said...

When I hear something I will post about it. I hate all of this waiting.